Joining the “Good News” Team
Sunday’s Teaching: This week’s teaching put the spotlight on how teamwork with fellow Christians can empower sharing the gospel and making disciples. The basic idea: Because together we unashamedly follow Jesus, we love in teamwork to share what God loves to do (bring others into His family as disciples). We are “better together” when we team up with others in a discipleship team or Connect Group to winsomely love to share the good news.
Let’s get STARTED – warm up by discussing the following:
- Though you may feel personally comfortable being a Christian, do you feel intimidated about sharing with others your Christian convictions and allegiance to Jesus Christ? If so, why?
- Have you thought the call to share your faith to be something you do, more or less, individually?
- What aspect of Christianity have you found it most difficult for some to accept or believe?
- What’s the difference, in your thinking, between encouraging someone to believe in Christ vs. “making a disciple”? Which are we called together to do?
Let’s Explore in the WORD about confidently making disciples together. Answer the following questions exploring the Scriptures.
WHY DOES GOD’S SPIRIT ENCOURAGE US TO BE CONFIDENT ABOUT THE GOSPEL?
Romans 1:14-17, 1 Corinthians 1:18-25, 2 Corinthians 312-18
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN CALLED BY THE MASTER TO DO (and HOW)?
Matthew 28:16-20, Colossians 4:2-5, Colossians 1:21:33-357-29
WHAT IS OUR BEST “ADVERTISEMENT” FOR BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING JESUS?
John 13:33-38, Ephesians 5:1-4, 1 John 3:16-23
(how can we together extend that love to those not yet in God’s family?)
HOW DOES SCRIPTURE DESCRIBE US IN OUR ROLE AS DISCIPLEMAKERS?
2 Corinthians 5:18-21, Philippians 2:14-16, 1 Thessalonians 1:6-10
Let’s Prioritize APPLICATION
ASK for someone to share how the WINSOME devotional has been helping them to grow. And, as a Connect group, consider “reaching” together in the following ways. Pray about which one the Spirit of God may prompt you to do:
In your CONNECT GROUP…
(1) Rehearse sharing the gospel
(2) Pray for all of your unbelieving friends together…do you have a master list of those in the relational networks of your CG members
(3) Pray about adding someone/some couple who may not know the Savior – invite and love them in
(4) Consider serving together in a reaching way
- Host a pizza party together and invite internationals you may know
- Find a concert or movie to go together and invite others to join you
- Identify a need you can meet together for a single parent family
If you have time as a group, listen together to our Beyond the Sermon podcast, Episode #8: “What happens when someone trusts Christ?” You can find it on our CCC app!