LEADER TIPS for “Experiencing God’s Presence”
PRESENCE RESTORED: What Sin Rejected, Grace Restores
Thanks for leading this week’s study in your Connect Group.
This week’s message raises important, personal questions about preparing for being in God’s presence forever.
TIP FOR INTRODUCING THE STUDY…
- Ask group members to share “their favorite movie” that illustrates the consequences of choices
- Explore the choice made in the movie, and what the consequences were!
TIPS FOR LEADING THE STUDY
Here’s what we hope your group members will know, feel, and do.
- This can be a sobering study, because it highlights the consequences of our preparation
- This means that AS YOU LEAD, look for ways to LIGHTEN THE DISCUSSION UP while at the same time, LET THE LESSONS SOAK IN a bit.
- One of the key “feeling” moments will arise when you talk about “giving an account” to the Lord.
- Be sure YOU ARE READY to discuss God’s Grace in Christ toward his children. Remember – God’s children have been forgiven because of Christ. Have Ephesians 1:3-14 at the ready; talk about what believers in Jesus uniquely have.
- APPLICATION – Again, the final section is VERY IMPORTANT.
- Some of your group members may need to explore –and make a mid-course correction – in their personal preparation to meet the Lord.
- Try to have EVERYONE identify someone for whom they can pray and perhaps share the gospel
HAVE FUN! Enjoy each other and grow!